Monday, November 10, 2008

Ancestry.com

After working on it a little each day, I have been able to get my people with hints down from 146 to 121. It has taken me longer than I expected to go through them. So far I have found a few new items, but it has mostly just been showing me other people's trees with the same or less info as mine. Frustrating at times. The only bad thing about adding from other people's tree is that Ancestry sometimes creates duplicates of people. When I have finished with the hints I am gonna have to go back through my list of people and remove any duplicates and/or sort out some relationships. I'm not looking forward to it, it can get VERY confusing! It doesn't take much to make a mess in the tree!!

Overall, I really like using Ancestry.com. Becoming a paid member has definitely had its perks! I have been able to find census records at lightning speed, marriage records, birth and death records...things that would have taken me months or more to find are just there waiting for me! Two branches of my tree have grown by leaps and bounds these last few months, now if only I could find some breakthroughs on my Dolly Jordan line or my Morrisons!!!

Well, time to get back to my tree!!! More updates coming soon!

: )
*Marla*

No comments: